Software Development Team Lead II
- Verisk Business: Sequel Business Solutions Ltd
For the past 25 years, Sequel Business Solutions has grown to becoming a leading insurance and reinsurance software specialist. With our headquarters based in the City of London , and our development hub in Malaga, Spain, we employ talented insurance and technical experts who understand the market and our clients' business. To learn more about Sequel, please visit us at: https://sequel.com/. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Manage a pod of developers (between 5 and 10 individuals in total) focused on delivering a very specific functionality within a product team. Responsible for delivering on time and following our development process.
Be the point of contact within the pod. Make sure all the major technical design / issues / concerns are reviewed by the product’s Tech Lead. Raise issues and solutions with the Development Manager. Coordinate with other teams to make sure analysis, development and testing efforts are directed efficiently. This is a hands-on role.
Some of the main responsibilities include:
- Supports the Manager and perform management duties when manager is absent or out of office.
- Responsible of the follow-up of the development processes and best practices in the team.
- Manages team resources to meet the established deadlines.
- Provides encouragement to team members, including communicating team goals and identifying areas for new training or skill checks.
- Provides feedback to Product Owner, Project Manager about the team work progress.
- Answers team member questions, helps with team member problems, and oversees team member work for quality and guideline compliance.
- Develops strategies to promote team member adherence to company regulations and performance goals.
- Conducts team meetings to update members on best practices and continuing expectations.
- On request from Dev Manager, generates and shares comprehensive and detailed reports about team performance, mission-related objectives, and deadlines - when requested by the Development Manager.
- When dealing with customer issues, able to organize and lead sessions with other areas of business (business support, technical support, architecture).
- Assists management with hiring processes and new team member training.
- Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Puts in place a general training plan according to the training strategy set by the competency practice for team members.
- Cooperates with senior management and technical leads to drive initiatives to make the product better from a technical point of view (more maintainable, supportable, testable).
- Creates specific training plans, where applicable, for support team individuals in achieving their objectives, ensuring we follow through with any activity assigned.
- Acts as a mentor and supervises the less experienced members of the team, providing performance feedback for staff reviews, adhering to procedures, policies and goals.
- Facilitates inductions, product specific training, practices training and training within each of the projects.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Computer Science or other relevant field and demonstrable related (dev team leading) experience.
- Working knowledge of all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies helpful.
- Product Knowledge and Industry Experience.
- Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills.
- Leadership Skills.
- Ability to provide estimates.
- Ability to do a risk analysis.
- Ability to lead stand-ups, retrospective and review meetings.
- Set measurable goals and meets them.
- Ability to lead and coordinate a multidisciplinary mid-size team geographically distributed.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Hi PLACEHOLDER, looks like you already have a Smartr Account. Use it today to apply quickly and accurately!
Use Scan QR Code in WeChat and click --- to share.
Málaga, Andalucía, España
|Puesto de trabajo:||Software Development Team Lead II|
|Sueldo ofrecido:||50.000 - 70.000|
|Añadido el:||11. 4. 2022
Puesto de trabajo activo
¡Sea el primero en responder a este anuncio de trabajo!