Senior UI/UX Engineer
We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet*
*Who we are*
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200, 000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, evaluated, and communicated to the world.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Frontend Developer to help us design and build the visual components and prototypes for our applications, and that feels comfortable with more technical tasks like integrating the UI with analytics, search, and authentication services – among others.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background (ideally ful__l-stack), experience using Vue and WebComponents, and the ability to work closely with other teams like Design, Product Owners, and SW Engineers.
And what about us? Well, I invite you to check Frontiers as a company, our mission, and how we envision the society and the world. It's so rewarding working in a company you can be proud of! By joining us you will play a key role in shaping the future of science and academic publishing, and the way it affects the people, the planet, and the evolution of our society. If this resonates with you please check the job description below, maybe you are the person that can help us!
*What you do*
* Develop small, well-crafted components that plug into our user interfaces.
* Develop full UI prototypes that our SW Development teams will use to implement the front end of their applications.
* Take care of more technical developments at the UI level, like the integration with analytics, search, and authentication services.
* Contribute to overall software quality by writing elegant and testable UI Vue components.
* Optimize HTML & CSS code for the best looking & performant experience.
* Participate in the documentation of the UI / UX components and prototypes.
* Participate in the QA process along with the other team members.
* Participate in your team's Scrum process.
* Pair program and discuss solutions with your peers to share knowledge.
*What we are looking for*
* Minimum of 2 years in a Frontend Developer role.
* Strong technical background, ideally as a full-stack or similar
* Experience with front-end technologies, *especially Vue. js* but also Knockout, Angular and WebComponents.
* Knowledgeable in Git repositories.
* Good English skills are a must, at least a solid B1+ level.
* Additional knowledge (not mandatory, but nice to have)
* Headless CMS (Contentful + Nuxt)
* Design and/or UX experience
* QA experience
With more than 50 nationalities represented in our global team, you will work regularly with teammates in other countries, and with our community of researchers, editors, and authors from around the globe.
Our mission to create solutions for healthy lives also extends to the working environment we provide for our employees.
*100% remote working*
Employees now have the flexibility to choose where they want to work, with remote working available on a part- or full-time basis (not applicable to some Business Support jobs due to nature of role).
*Learning and development*
All employees have access to LinkedIn Learning (and Pluralsight for our technology team), an annual personal learning budget, and dedicated L&D time.
We offer free online yoga classes, an employee assistance plan, access to the Headspace app, and four wellbeing days on top of your annual leave allowance.
Employees can dedicate three days each year to volunteer for a personal cause or through our volunteering partner platform, Alaya.
_Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination – including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives. _
Job Type: Full-time
¡Sea el primero en responder a este anuncio de trabajo!