Senior Manager, Global Medical Information
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime - like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
Senior Manager, Global Medical Information
This is what you will do:
The Sr. Manager of Global Medical Information will sustain and promote Alexion’s professional standing and integrity amongst patients, health care professionals and the pharmaceutical / biotech industry by delivering high quality responses to unsolicited requests for information. The Sr. Manager is responsible for providing accurate, timely, balanced and up-to-date medical and scientific information to internal and external customers, globally. This role is responsible for developing and maintaining current, broad, and in-depth knowledge of pathophysiology, pharmacotherapy, and patient outcomes associated with assigned Alexion products and disease states.
As necessary, this individual may support broader activities in Medical Communications including Medical Education and Scientific Communications.
The employee carries out this role in accordance with departmental SOPs, corporate policy and other legal and regulatory requirements.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining current, broad, and in-depth knowledge of pathophysiology, pharmacotherapy, and clinical outcomes associated with assigned Alexion products and disease states.
- Delivering high-quality, balanced and timely written or verbal medical and scientific information upon the request of health care professionals and consumers.
- Researching the appropriate sources of data/information to provide a quick, accurate and thorough response.
- Leading the development (research, outline, compose, review) and maintenance of standard and custom medical information responses in various formats to address vast array of inquiries.
- Providing direction to third party contact center as it relates to
- Compliance with workflow procedures and standards
- Inquiries requiring escalation or customization
- Corrections resulting from quality control / case review activities
- New hire or ongoing therapeutic area/product training, as applicable
- Proactively distributing important product and / or medical information to internal stakeholders as necessary in support of product changes, safety issues and other sentinel events.
- Supporting Alexion medical information booth activities both during preparation for and during professional scientific meetings / medical congresses.
- Supporting the generation of therapeutic area metrics and analytics; maintains in-depth understanding of historic trends and insights of inquiries received.
- Maintaining up-to-date medical information and knowledge management systems / repositories
- Understanding and effectively applying/complying with appropriate ethical, legal and regulatory standards, including those for responding to unsolicited requests for information, on / off label inquiries, and product promotion.
- Assisting in the development and delivery of various presentations to internal colleagues (e. g. , medical information inquiry metrics and customer insights; training of commercial and medical field teams on medical information procedures; medical booth training at medical congresses)
- As applicable, potentially creating content for Medical Affairs and/or assisting in the review, fact-checking of data points, assessment of appropriateness of references cited in materials submitted to the Promotional and Medical Review Committees
- As applicable, reporting any product quality complaints and adverse events to Quality Assurance / Drug Safety per corporate policies.
- As applicable, supporting various operational initiatives including development and maintenance of SOPs; training modules; database/system enhancements; vendor oversight; etc.
- As applicable, providing support to broader activities in Medical Communications, including Medical Education and Scientific Communication.
You will need to have:
- Advanced scientific degree in pharmacy (PharmD) or related science (PhD, MD) required with 3 years of medical information or medical communications experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Demonstrated success in negotiating and influencing stakeholders
- Understanding of drug development, US (FDA)and global (e. g. EMEA) regulations and reporting requirement for reporting pharmacovigilance events and product quality complaints
- Understanding of the process for developing medical information response documents through the use of regulatory label, published medical literature, clinical study reports, posters and abstracts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in literature searching skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivation to drive for results
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to travel to meetings / conferences (domestic and international) approximately 20% of the time
- The duties of this role are generally conducted in an office environment. As is typical of an office-based role, employees must be able, with or without an accommodation to: use a computer; engage in communications via phone, video, and electronic messaging; problem solve; engage in complex and non-linear thought, analysis, and dialogue; collaborate with others; maintain general availability during standard business hours.
We would prefer for you to have:
- Experience providing medical information/medical communication support within a Global function
- 4+ years of medical information, medical review or medical communications experience in the pharmaceutical / biotech industry
- Prior experience working with medical information systems/databases (e. g. , IRMS) or promotional/medical review systems (e. g. , Veeva PromoMats)
- Experience developing (or overseeing the development of) materials utilized by Medical Affairs in the context of scientific exchange
- Adept at learning new software / applications
- Training or past experience in assigned therapeutic area(s) or rare disease, immunology, nephrology, hematology, oncology, neurology, enzyme-replacement therapies
- Experience working on product launches
- Completion of a post-PharmD Fellowship in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees. To begin an interactive dialogue with Alexion regarding an accommodation, please contact accommodations@Alexion.com. Alexion participates in E-Verify.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease. If you're interested in career opportunities with AstraZeneca, click here.
|Empresa:||Alexion Pharma Spain S.L.|
Barcelona, Cataluña, España
|Puesto de trabajo:||Senior Manager, Global Medical Information|
|Sueldo ofrecido:||50.000 - 70.000|
|Añadido el:||11. 4. 2022
Puesto de trabajo activo