QA/QC Lead Inspector
Being part of a growing company in the cleantech sector and contributing to the global transition to a circular economy appeals to you? That’s exactly what our employees do every day when they come to work. Enerkem is based on a revolutionary idea: transforming non-recyclable and non-compostable waste into clean fuels and renewable chemicals. Our Canadian-born solution offers an innovative and sustainable alternative to landfilling and incineration while reducing dependency on fossil fuels.
Such an ambitious mission requires people who strive to make a difference. Our employees are the best in their field; they are resilient and passionate contributors who transform challenges into opportunities. Our culture values individual ideas and contributions for the company’s success. It’s a place where you can lead and inspire others within a creative and dynamic team.
The QA/QC Lead Inspector is responsible for coordinating and executing inspection activities with the objectives of delivering the material to the different projects sites as per the technical requirements specified in the scope of work. The Inspector is the main point of contact with the Suppliers for all matters pertaining to the quality of the work, NDE (Non-Destructive Examination), and all documentation associated with the fabrication of piping, steel structures, pressure vessels, and mechanical assembly activities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare, execute, and maintain all required project quality documentation (i. e. , internal Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs), work instructions, QC checklists, Punch lists, reports, quality metrics, etc. ).
- Review and comment project standards, specifications, and drawings for QA/QC requirements; review, comment, and accept procedures, welding procedure specifications and its procedure qualification records (WPS/PQR), and Vendors’ ITPs.
- Plan and execute Supplier audits to assess their fabrication capabilities, and quality systems when required.
- Coordinate and assign Third Party Inspectors to perform the fabrication inspections at Vendors’ shops as per projects’ schedule and requirements.
- Elaborate Inspection Scope of Work (QC-SOW) for Third Party Inspectors as per applicable standards, codes, technical specifications, and the approved Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs).
- Review, comment, and accept all inspection reports and bills coming from Third Party Inspectors.
- Perform QA/QC inspections when required covering dimensions, material, welding, assembly/installation, painting, etc. ; issue the inspection report, update ITPs, validate on-going NCRs, complete follow-ups files, and
- Administer the quality control requirements, including the quality control submittals by Vendors, and assure that Vendor consistently conforms to its approved ITPs.
- When applicable, conduct regular site walk-throughs in shops with Vendor Inspection Team to highlight quality issues and identify areas for improvement.
- Assure noncompliance reports (NCR) are issued and addressed in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate resolution of unsatisfactory work items with Supplier through final inspection and acceptance.
- Review QC documentation, including final history dockets/Manufacturing Record Book, with Supplier, engineers, and QC Inspectors as applicable.
- Manage and issue the Fabrication and quality release with the assigned project area engineer, and the QC Inspectors.
- Support and coordinate with Asia team on fabrication and QA/QC issues in ongoing projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering or Welding or equivalent.
- 8 or more years of experience in refinery or chemical industry including experience with piping, and steel structures QA/QC
- Proven experience in managing and executing quality assurance and quality control activities (QA/QC) in the industrial, oil & gas, or chemical/petrochemical industry, including process Modules assembly.
- Possess industry qualifications and certifications, such as Certified Welding Inspector (CSA/AWS)/API/NBIC/CWI/NDT
- Strong experience interpreting and applying codes and specifications as per: ASME B31. 3, ASME Code Sections V, VIII and IX; Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB) Standards; NDT (PT, VT, MT, RT); CSA B51; PED.
- Demonstrated supervisory, leadership skills, and experience leading a diverse team of Inspectors (Third party agencies).
- Familiarity with the MS Office suite (Excel and Word)
- Mobility to travel in Europe to cover inspections jobs (i. e. , Germany, Spain, Italy, other).
- Fluent in English; other languages will be considered as an asset (French, Spanish).
At Enerkem, the well-being of our employees is at the heart of our priorities! We provide a living environment where each individual counts and is recognized for their contribution to the success of the organization. We believe in the importance of celebrating our successes and having fun! We focus our efforts on developing talents and, among other things, offer opportunities for everyone to participate in stimulating projects as well as learning opportunities and feedback / coaching that allow them to succeed, develop and flourish professionally. Enerkem also offers a total compensation package that includes competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to meet all the needs of our employees and their families.
And that's not all, here are some other unique benefits:
- Social activities and environmental initiatives
- Continuous learning and growth opportunities
- A group insurance plan to meet all your and your family's needs, including telemedicine
- $400 credit for health and fitness expenses
- Paid professional dues and memberships
- Flexible work environment.
Enerkem subscribes to the principle of equity in employment. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that offers equal opportunities for all, where people of diverse backgrounds and characteristics feel valued, respected, supported and can thrive. These values, which reflect the talent, experience and qualities of our employees, allows us to get the best out of each and every one of us.
Tarragona, Cataluña, España
|Puesto de trabajo:||QA/QC Lead Inspector|
|Sueldo ofrecido:||50.000 - 70.000|
|Añadido el:||10. 4. 2022
Puesto de trabajo activo