Python R&D Engineer II f/m
When visionary companies need to know how their world-changing ideas will perform, they close the gap between design and reality with Ansys simulation. For more than 50 years, Ansys software has enabled innovators across industries to push boundaries by using the predictive power of simulation. From sustainable transportation to advanced semiconductors, from satellite systems to life-saving medical devices, the next great leaps in human advancement will be powered by Ansys.
Take a leap of certainty … with Ansys.
The R&D Engineer II contributes to the development of software products and supporting systems. In this role, the R&D Engineer II will collaborate with a team of expert professionals to understand customer requirements and accomplish development objectives. Specifically, the focus of this role will be on the integration of products into the Python ecosystem of scientific and engineering software, e. g. Jupyter Notebooks, NumPy, etc.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs moderately complex development activities, including the design, implementation, maintenance, testing and documentation of software modules and sub-systems.
- Understands software engineering (e. g. could read and understand “The Phoenix Project” and make a compelling argument why multi-functional teams are superior to uni-functional teams).
- Performs moderately complex bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned projects. Researches problems discovered by QA or product support and develops solutions.
- Understands the marketing requirements for a product, including target environment, performance criteria and competitive issues.
- Works under the general supervision of a development manager, but prefers working independently on projects and reports progress over GitHub.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with 2 years’ experience, or MS.
- Working experience with Python. Preferably familiar with any compiled language such as C++ or C#. Knowledge of GoLang/Rust will be valued.
- Familiar with GitLab/GitHub and CI/CD on public cloud.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with Python ecosystem (i. e. , NumPy, Scipy, Pandas, matplotlib, VTK, etc. ).
- Experience with the microservices concept.
- Experience with CAE products, machine learning, or applied software development in the field of engineering.
- Maintains one or more open-source projects on GitHub.
- Experience in a large-scale commercial software development environment.
At Ansys, we know that changing the world takes vision, skill, and each other. We fuel new ideas, build relationships, and help each other realize our greatest potential in the knowledge that every day is an opportunity to observe, teach, inspire, and be inspired. Together as One Ansys, we are powering innovation that drives human advancement.
- Amaze with innovative products and solutions
- Make our customers incredibly successful
- Act with integrity
- Ensure employees thrive and shareholders prosper
- Adaptability: Be open, welcome what’s next
- Courage: Be courageous, move forward passionately
- Generosity: Be generous, share, listen, serve
- Authenticity: Be you, make us stronger
- We commit to audacious goals
- We work seamlessly as a team
- We demonstrate mastery
- We deliver outstanding results
OUR ONE ANSYS CULTURE HAS INCLUSION AT ITS CORE
We believe diverse thinking leads to better outcomes. We are committed to creating and nurturing a workplace that fuels this by welcoming people, no matter their background, identity, or experience, to a workplace where they are valued and where diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging thrive.
TAKE A LEAP OF CERTAINTY IN YOUR CAREER AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary leaders across the globe. Collectively we strive to change the world with innovative technology and transformational solutions. With a prestigious reputation in working with well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high – met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head on. Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology, empowering our customers to turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at a lower cost.
At Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery, and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished. ” And it’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can, and do impact real people in real ways. All this is forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy, and ethics.
CREATING A PLACE WE’RE PROUD TO BE
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a member of the NASDAQ-100. We are proud to have been recognized for the following more recent awards, although our list goes on: America’s Most Loved Workplaces, Gold Stevie Award Winner, America’s Most Responsible Companies, Fast Company World Changing Ideas, Great Place to Work Certified (China, Greece, France, India, Japan, Korea, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, U. K. ).
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
Detalles del puesto de trabajo:
Madrid, Community of Madrid, ES
|Pracovni_pozice:||Python R&D Engineer II f/m|
|Añadido el:||6. 6. 2023
Puesto de trabajo activo
¡Sea el primero en responder a este anuncio de trabajo!
¿Por qué está buscando trabajo en Trabajas.es?
Cada día nuevos anuncios de trabajo Puede elegir entre una amplia gama de trabajos: nuestro objetivo es ofrecer una selección lo más amplia posible Déjenos enviar nuevos anuncios por correo electrónico Sea el primero en responder a las nuevas ofertas de empleo Todos los anuncios de trabajos en un único lugar (de empleadores, agencias y otros portales) Todos los servicios para demandantes de empleo son gratuitos Le ayudaremos a encontrar un nuevo empleo