Power Sports Control Systems Senior Engineer
Job Description - Power Sports Control Systems Senior Engineer (AHM0006CS)
Power Sports Control Systems Senior Engineer (
Job Number:AHM0006CS )
American Honda Motor Co. , Inc.
Power Sports Senior Control Systems Engineer
Honda has a clear vision for the future in 2030, and it’s a jubilant one! We are looking for people with the individual skills, determination, persistence, and vision that will help us reach our future-focused goals. We are seeking diversity of thought and experience to drive innovation and help us make fully informed decisions.
This role of Senior Control System Engineer is responsible for proficiently executing development BEV and ICE projects to create functioning prototypes eventually becoming production ATV/SxS vehicles. Further researching and applying new technologies to support business targets and maintaining global vehicle product quality.
Playing a key role in shaping the future of Power Sport industry, this position provides opportunities to apply and hone a wide range of engineering skills. You will be responsible for all system setting requirements, working with partner technologies, evaluation of designs, analysis, development, validation, and implementation where creativity and initiative are involved. The role requires high levels of independent judgement and leadership capability.
At Honda, our associates take pride in their responsibilities. A typical day for a Senior Control Systems Engineer will include:
- Develop or guide others to develop complex hardware and software integrated systems for ATV/SxS prototype vehicles that achieve concept targets, function performance requirements, and manufacturing requisites without supervision.
- Lead (mentor, guide, review work) large technical group of cross functional engineers to define sub-system level requirements for specific control systems that will result in setting the final specifications of global ATV & SxS new models and mass production vehicles.
- Breakdown complicated work, delegate work appropriately and maintain accurate technical, development, and administrative documentation as required.
- Set availability targets, allocate to the subsystems and components, determine system sensitivity to variation and failure modes, and determine mitigation plans to improve performance to targets.
- Lead material cost optimization/reduction activities for assigned components and systems across all internal combustion and battery electric vehicles. Identify areas of cost reduction opportunity.
- Execute comprehensive Design Verification plans which employs test methods at various levels (ICE vehicle body control ECUs and BEV propulsion control systems)
- Identify/extract component and vehicle performance requirements based on benchmark innovative system design
- Lead in controls groups and the development of algorithms and logic flow charts
- Maximize system efficiencies, validating innovative modular and scalable designs
- Ensure all Certification/Regulation Compliance testing is completed
- Coordinate calibrations with lead calibrator and system diagnostic lead to meet functional performance requirements and timing
- Diagnose and correct vehicle, system, and controls system deficiencies
- Ensure proper project reporting, review, closure, documentation, and archival including capturing all lessons learned and creation of verification procedures
- Provide both design and testing status and results to Technical Expert and Chief Engineer
We are looking for qualified people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, open minds, and a disciplined work ethic. To bring the future to Honda as a Power Sports Senior Control System Engineer, you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical or equivalent in related field
- Competent in hardware and software interfaces
- 5-8+ years minimum engineering experience, preferably in powersport or automotive systems and subsystems
- Strong level communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
- Comfortable presenting to senior leadership in various forums
- Must enjoy working in an ambiguous environment, being innovative and driving new solutions to the organization
- Must operate with high level of confidentiality
- Capable in FTA, FMEA
- High level analytical, problem solving, judgement, decision-making, and prioritization skills
- Strong understanding of the design, release, development, and validation process
- Competent data acquisition software/hardware and laboratory skills/techniques
- Competent of system reliability, safety, monitoring, and diagnostic technologies and processes
- Competent of Systems Engineering methods and tools
- Familiarity with manufacturing, vehicle assembly and service processes
- Ability to travel up to 10% based on project demands
- Ability to work overtime based on project demands
- Experience with electrification, calibration, and controls
- Practical skills with a variety of hand tools
- Vehicle or bench-level experience with INCA/Vehicle Spy/CANalyzer CAN tools, Matlab/Simulink
- Familiarity in one or several areas: Battery Electric Vehicle Systems (Electric Motors, Drive Units, Power Electronics, HV Batteries), Vehicle or System-Level Calibration, ICE or Conventional Transmission Development or Validation, Instrumentation & Test Automation
- Dealing with ambiguity, possess a drive for results, timely decision-making, strategic agility
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to develop self and others
- Technical acumen
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Competitive Base Pay
- Overtime compensation
- Remote work available, 60% onsite
- Company Car Program
- Bonus Program
Honda is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
|Empresa:||Honda Motor Co., Ltd.|
Inca, Islas Baleares, España
|Puesto de trabajo:||Power Sports Control Systems Senior Engineer|
|Sueldo ofrecido:||50.000 - 70.000|
|Añadido el:||12. 4. 2022
Puesto de trabajo activo